This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

UPDATE: As from 2nd October 2017, patients will need to provide a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if you don't hold a UK EHIC. You will need to declare where you are ordinarily resident and be able to prove this.


East Grinstead is undergoing a significant rise in the number of people living in the area and we are finding it difficult to sustain a workload that is safe and manageable. It is with regret that as a result we are no longer able to register new patients and have notified NHS England of this decision.

Information on how to register at other surgeries in the area can be found on the NHS Choices website

Alternatively Horsham and Mid Sussex CCG are allocating patients to a local surgery.

 Please call them on 07876 843 178

  They will allocate you a surgery and send both yourself and the surgery an allocation letter.

New Patient Registration

Once you have this allocation letter you can register with the allocated surgery.

Please bear in mind that it will take a few days to register you so please do not delay.

To register you will need to be ordinarily resident within the practice area (see map).  You will need to bring in (in person) some photo identification such as UK Drivers licence/passport.  Patients not born in the UK will need to bring a passport and visa if relevant.  We also require proof of address (such as a utility bill, lease agreement, salary slip.)  We do not accept bank statements or credit card statements for this purpose.  For a full list of what is acceptable please call the surgery. We are unable to register you without this information.

You can either come to the surgery and pick up a registration pack or to save time you can fill them in on line, print them off, sign them and bring into the surgery with you. Please be aware that you will have to attend the surgery in person for identification purposes.

On-line forms - please click on the links below:

GMS1 Form - required by NHS to register

Adult registration form

Child Registration form

Newborn child registration form

Consent to disclose data to a 3rd Party - optional

Summary Care Record - optional

Patients are registered with the Practice not an individual GP, but can still ask to be seen or treated by a particular practitioner.  Every effort will be made for you to be treated by your Doctor of choice.  However, this will be dependent upon your request being appropriate, reasonable, and that the Doctor requested is available.

Judges Close surgery does not discriminate on the grounds of disability or medical condition, age, appearance, race, gender, social class, religion or sexual orientation.


Temporary Registration

We are not accepting temporary patients unless it is an emergency i.e. shortness of breath, profuse bleeding, heart attack, severe abdominal pain etc.  If you need to access medical treatment and are not registered with a local GP please go to the Crawley Urgent Treatment Centre which is based in the grounds of Crawley Hospital.

Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website